Re: stable snapshots...

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: stable snapshots...
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Not sure about the usefulness of the extra stable tarballs ... doesn't
> most of the back patching happen just as we are about to release the new
> versions?

Not sure where you got that idea.  There are plenty of times when
somebody (mostly Tom) commits a bugfix and tells the reporter, stating
that the release date of the new version is some undetermined point in
the future.  Not everyone is able to grab the patch from CVS and apply
it; my guess is that most people simply wait for the next stable
release.  Those people would benefit from having the older stable
branches, so here's a +1 to Stefan's idea.

This is particularly useful now that we have more than a handful of
supported back branches.