Re: How can I find out the space used on disk for a table/index

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: How can I find out the space used on disk for a table/index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday 12 July 2009 21:07:56 Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to judge the performance gain of additional indexes against the
> space they consume on disk.  Currently I do a VACUUM FULL ANALYZE and
> then take the space used by the base directory and do some
> calculations.  This is time consuming, error-prone and unreliable.
>
> Is there a quick way to compute the space used on disk by an index (in
> MB or blocks) using the statistics tables?
Read the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-
ADMIN-DBSIZE

e.g. SELECT pg_size_pretty(pg_index_size('indexname'));

Using the system tables you can easily do that for all indices in your
database.

Andres

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql databases as a web service
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql databases as a web service