Re: bytea vs. pg_dump

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: bytea vs. pg_dump
Дата
Re: bytea vs. pg_dump  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 08 July 2009 01:07:08 Tom Lane wrote:
> > Here is a first cut at a new hex bytea input and output format.  Example:
> > SET bytea_output_hex = true;
> >
> > Should the configuration parameter be a boolean or an enum, opening
> > possibilities for other formats?
>
> Enum.  If we do this then it seems entirely fair that someone might
> want other settings someday.  Also, it seems silly to pick a format
> partly on the grounds that it's expansible, and then not make the
> control GUC expansible.  Perhaps
>
>     SET bytea_output = [ hex | traditional ]

OK, here is an updated patch.  It has the setting as enum, completed
documentation, and libpq support.  I'll add it to the commit fest in the hope
that someone else can look it over in detail.

I'm attaching two versions of the patch.  One it made with the -w option,
which leads to less differences.

Сообщение: Re: concurrent index builds unneeded lock?
Сообщение: Re: concurrent index builds unneeded lock?