Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: *_collapse_limit, geqo_threshold
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 07 July 2009 17:40:50 Tom Lane wrote:
> > I cannot reasonably plan some queries with join_collapse_limit set to 20.
> > At least not without setting the geqo limit very low and a geqo_effort to
> > a low value.
> > So I would definitely not agree that removing j_c_l is a good idea.
> Can you show some specific examples?  All of this discussion seems like
> speculation in a vacuum ...
I still may not publish the original schema (And I still have not heard any
reasonable reasons) - the crazy query in the referenced email shows similar
problems and has a somewhat similar structure.

If that is not enough I will try to design a schema that is similar and
different enough from the original schema. Will take a day or two though.

Andres