Re: ECPG support for string pseudo-type

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: ECPG support for string pseudo-type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 05:09:04PM +0200, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> OK, let me retry. This version treats "string" as a non-reserved word,
> and also discovers whether the PGC contains this construct below,
> as in ecpg/tests/preproc/type.pgc:
>
> exec sql type string is char[11];
> typedef char string[11];

I don't like this because it means a datatype can change its meaning in the
middle of a source file. Your new datatype is only needed for Informix
compatibility, so why not only defining it when running in compatibility mode?
An Informix file will not have such a typedef because it wouldn't/shouldn't
work there either.

Also the new datatype needs some documentation.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes@jabber.org