Re: TODO items: Alter view add column

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: TODO items: Alter view add column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Bernd Helmle<mailings@oopsware.de> wrote:
> > --On Montag, Juli 06, 2009 13:51:36 -0400 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I think we only completed this for 8.4:
> >>
> >>             * Allow "CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW" to add columns to the end
> >>                of a view (Robert Haas)
> >
> > Yes, this is done, but we're still not able to drop or change column names
> > of a view.
>
> Then the 3rd point on that item should be removed or reworded...

I think the main text of the item should be reworded or made more
verbose, to make more explicit what is it about.  I think vague
descriptions of TODO items are a bad idea in general because you can
never close them.  If an item is too big, perhaps it should be split in
multiple, more manageable items.

Сообщение: Re: TODO items: Alter view add column
Сообщение: Re: TODO items: Alter view add column