Re: Q: data modeling with inheritance

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Q: data modeling with inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 01:54:04PM -0700, Reece Hart wrote:
> This is a question about data modeling with inheritance and a way to
> circumvent the limitation that primary keys are not inherited.

I'm missing what you're doing here that foreign keys don't cover.
Could you send along your DDL?

Just generally, I've only found table inheritance useful for
partitioning.  "Polymorphic" foreign key constraints can be handled
other ways such as the one sketched out below.

http://archives.postgresql.org/sfpug/2005-04/msg00022.php

Cheers,
David.