Re: 8.5 development schedule

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 8.5 development schedule
Дата
Re: 8.5 development schedule  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 12:47 -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>
> >> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-02/msg00193.php
> >>
> >> That showed a January 1 beta release and a March 1 production
> >> release.
> >
> > Right that would be the expectation I had.
>
> The first of March is still well into the first quarter; but I was
> getting confused about beta versus production release schedules when I
> said the release was six months late; it was four months late -- to
> the day.

OK, that is more accurate, but looking at the schedule:
1st November 2008 - final commit fest begins1st January 2009 - beta 11st March 2009 - 8.4.0 release

How could we have possibly completed the last commit-fest and gotten
ready for beta in two months --- that is just not realistic.  I think we
anticipated a 2x longer final commit-fest, two months, but there was no
time scheduled for actual beta preparation.  I think there was some
ideal that we wouldn't need any time to prepare for beta and that we
would have dealt with all bugs by the time the last commit-fest is
complete, but that is illusory.

http://enterprisedb.com