Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> [090630 09:08]:

> Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
>>
>> *especially* if those grants remain "by reference", i.e. If I change the
>> GRANTS/REVOKES on sensitive_table, those are automatically "apply" to all
>> tables created with the "WITH GRANTS LIKE sensitive_table"...
>>

> Isn't that exactly what Tom is objecting to, namely that the permissions
> of an object would not be contained entirely in catalog entry for the
> object itself?

Well, it depends on how it's done... If one of the permissions on an
object you can assign is "look at $X", the you don't get the "hidden
permissions" problem.  The object itself still contains everything you
need to "trace" the permissions of an object...

I have no idea if it's something that even half-aligns with the internal
permission model/code...

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,