Re: BUG #4894: [patch] documentation bug on 'include' directive

От Peter Schuller
Тема Re: BUG #4894: [patch] documentation bug on 'include' directive
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> > The documentation says to use:
> >   include 'filename'
> > Which fails with a generic error.
>=20
> What generic error?

Error: Invalid line 496 in /etc/postgresql/8.3/main/postgresql.conf: =C2=BB=
include 'filename' =C2=AB failed!

> > Correct syntax is:
> >   include =3D 'filename'
>=20
> The stated syntax should work just fine.

Ok. This is with a Debian PostgreSQL 8.3. I did have a look through
the debian diffs before submittig the report and didn't find anything
immediately obvious that would break the include directive. That said
perhaps it has been changed in CVS; I didn't test that, but only had a
quick look at the code.

Since I thought the lack of =3D was indeed incorrect syntax I claimed
CVS in the bug report since the documentation has that syntax in CVS,
but I didn't test the CVS version of the backend. I'll see about doing
that but it's going to have to wait a bit...

--=20
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org