Re: masking the code

От David Fetter
Тема Re: masking the code
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:56:34AM +0200, luca.ciciriello@email.it wrote:
> I've wrote a PLPGSQL stored procedure for a DB I've to delivery to
> my customer. The problem is that I want to hide the code of the
> stored procedure. I don't want that my customer is able to read the
> code of the my sp.
>
> Do exist a way to mask the code of the store procedure shipped with
> my DB?

Others have pointed out that there isn't really, along with a bit of a
hack, which doesn't protect you from snooping into the procedure code
if the client has (or can get) database super-user access.

If you don't wish to expose this to clients, don't ship it to them.
If you wish to restrict clients' use of what you do ship them, the
appropriate place to do so is in the license and/or contract.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!