Re: Postgres online backup and restore has errors that are concerning

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: Postgres online backup and restore has errors that are concerning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 25 June 2009, Chris Barnes <compuguruchrisbarnes@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>   I started an online backup of postgres, tar’d my data folder, copy to
> usb drive in production
> and restored it into my RC environment. Have I missed
> something important?

You need the transaction logs archived during and immediately after the
backup, and you need to setup a recovery.conf for the initial startup that
can access those files. See the PITR backup notes in the documentation,
they're really quite complete.

--
WARNING:  Do not look into laser with remaining eye.