Re: WAL and master multi-slave replication

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: WAL and master multi-slave replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Eduardo Morras wrote:

Hi,

> I'm currently building a Pg multiserver and have a question about the
> possibility of working with WAL in a multislave environment.
>
> I have few master servers (write only) and multiple slave servers (read
> only). I want to write the WAL files from masters in a central postgres
> and that the multiple slaves reads them from time to time and auto
> update.

Never heard of a "multiserver".  I assume you mean there's a bunch (zero
or more) slaves for each master.

there's a suite to handle this kind of thing using pg_standby, including
cleanup of old logs; see
https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pitrtools

Mind you, the WAL files are not stored in a database but in raw files.
I have never seen anyone advocating the use of a database to store them.