Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > Unfortunately, WAL bypass also requires not being in archive mode with
> > no way to turn that off w/o a server restart, aiui.
>
> Well, if you're trying to archive then you certainly wouldn't want WAL
> off, so I'm failing to see where this thread is going ...

I disagree.  I'd love to be able to say "please bypass WAL logging for
this bulk load" because I know that I'll pick up the data during my next
full dump and I can reload it from original if I get disrupted before
then.  This is especially true when you're doing bulk loads of static or
reference data from another data source.
Thanks,
    Stephen