Re: 10 TB database

От Michelle Konzack
Тема Re: 10 TB database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Artur,

I am owner of a database about War, Worcrime and Terroism with more then
1,6 TByte and I am already fscked...

Am 2009-06-15 14:00:05, schrieb Artur:
> Hi!
>
> We are thinking to create some stocks related search engine.
> It is experimental project just for fun.
>
> The problem is that we expect to have more than 250 GB of data every month.

I have only 500 MByte per month...

> This data would be in two tables. About 50.000.000 new rows every month.

arround 123.000 new rows per month

> We want to have access to all the date mostly for generating user
> requesting reports (aggregating).
> We would have about 10TB of data in three years.
>
> Do you think is it possible to build this with postgresql and have any
> idea how to start? :)

You have to use a physical cluster like me. Searches in  a  Database  of
more then 1 TByte even under using "tablespace" and  "tablepartitioning"
let you run into performance issues...

I have now splited my Database in chunks of 250 GByte using a Cluster of
1U Servers from Sun Microsystems.  Currently I run  8 servers  with  one
proxy.  Each server cost me 2.300 Euro.

Note:   On Friday I have a meeting with a  Sun  Partner  in
        Germany because a bigger project...  where  I  have
        to increase the performance of my database servers.
        I have to calculate with 150.000 customers.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   c/o Vertriebsp. KabelBW
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               Blumenstrasse 2
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de           77694 Kehl/Germany
IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)                     Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ #328449886                                Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193

Вложения