Re: [GENERAL] Using results from DELETE ... RETURNING

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Using results from DELETE ... RETURNING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 05:59:58PM +0200, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
>> I was discussing this with Andrew Gierth in IRC, who thought that
>> putting RETURNING inside the WITH clause would be relatively easy, at
>> least for the parser and planner.  For the executor, he suggested that
>> one approach might be to make INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE into their own
>> nodes.
>
> David asked me to post his (and mine) experimental work in progress
> patch for this here. The patch in the current state does not work. It
> dies in executor on:
> ERROR:  attribute 1 has wrong type
> DETAIL:  Table has type tid, but query expects integer.
> Since I know nothing about postgres' executor I am only guessing it
> thinks the query is SELECT instead of DELETE RETURNING.
> Also I think those query->commandType == CMD_SELECT ? query->targetList
> : query->returningList in several places might not be the right way to
> go.

I went another way in the attached patch, and thanks :)

> Anyway it's beginning and maybe somebody who knows what he is doing
> could help or continue the work.

This patch fails regression tests and hangs or crashes when attempting
to do a writeable CTE.

Any help getting it into better shape would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Вложения