Re: String Manipulation

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: String Manipulation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 04:07:11PM -0700, Christine Penner wrote:
> I get nothing. I just updated recently but the only version number I
> can find is 8.3. I know its at least 8.3.4 but should be more.

OK, the main thing is that you're running a copy of PG from the 8.3
series.  I've just tried it on a reasonably recent 8.3.7 and an old
8.3.0 I have and I get what I'd expect back (i.e. a string containing
the number '1').

I'd start to question things like are you talking to the database you
think you are, which client are you using and other details like that.
If you can connect through psql it should tell you the server version
and if you could paste a complete session that would help.  For example,
I get:

  sam@willow:~$ psql

         \h for help with SQL commands
         \? for help with psql commands