Re: what server stats to track / monitor ?

От Joshua Tolley
Тема Re: what server stats to track / monitor ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 03:52:19PM -0400, Alan McKay wrote:
> I want to turn off the graphing of unimportant data, to unclutter the
> graphs and focus on what's important.

I'm unfamiliar with Munin, but if you can turn off the graphing (so as to
achieve your desired level of un-cluttered-ness) without disabling the capture
of the data that was being graphed, you'll be better off. Others' opinions may
certainly vary, but in my experience, provided you're not causing a
performance problem simply because you're monitoring so much stuff, you're
best off capturing every statistic reasonably possible. The time will probably
come when you'll find that that statistic, and all the history you've been
capturing for it, becomes useful.

- Josh / eggyknap

Вложения