Re: How to store text files in the postgresql?

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: How to store text files in the postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 12 June 2009, Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:
> Also, it makes backups a pain since it's a lot easier to back up a
> file system than a database. But that gets back to whether you need
> transactional guarantees. The reason it's a pain to back up a database
> is precisely because it needs to make those guarantees.

It's far easier to backup and restore a database than millions of small
files. Small files = random disk I/O. The real downside is the CPU time
involved in storing and retrieving the files. If it isn't a show stopper,
then putting them in the database makes all kinds of sense.

--
WARNING:  Do not look into laser with remaining eye.