Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Дерево обсуждения
Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Santiago Zarate, )
  Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Santiago Zarate, )
    Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Greg Stark, )
  Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
    Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Gregory Stark, )
     Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Josh Berkus, )
      Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Santiago Zarate, )
       Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Josh Berkus, )
        Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Santiago Zarate, )
 Re: Hey! 'lil help on Features?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> For the 8.4 release we *must* have a page which describes most of the
> 8.4 features in plainer English than the release notes do.  I've started
> writing out descriptions on the wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WhatsNew84

I'm reading this:

Auto-Tuning Free Space Map

    * Didn't you love that max_fsm_pages setting? Well, it's gone now. The Free Space Map now automatically sizes
itselfto the amount of free space you need to track (available memory permitting).

I wanted to note that the FSM is now stored on disk, not memory, so
there's no reason to keep the "(available memory permitting)" caveat.
The new FSM is not "autotuning", it's simply complete.

Сообщение: Re: Request for assistance/advice: TikiWiki CMS/Groupware will have to drop PostgreSQL support soon unless a maintainer steps up