Re: xml to table (as oppose to table to xml)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: xml to table (as oppose to table to xml)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 01 June 2009 12:53:08 Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
> is there any way currently to convert xml file in format like below,
> to a table ?

I have some code that does this, but it was written a long time ago and will
probably need some polishing.

One main problem is how you specify that exact mapping mechanism.  AFAIR, my
code accepted as input the exact format that table_to_xml etc. put out (and
probably crashes otherwise).  In reality you probably want an XSLT
transformation in between.  Which would require a smoother XSLT integration
into the backend code.

I think this is something we could work on for 8.5.