Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 04:44 AM 6/4/2009, Jennifer Trey wrote:
>No, I created a new DB, created a table, and did not even populate any data.
>Running select count(*) from test
>
>just now, still caused the 10-20 I/O-writes.

Not sure if this is the main problem, but by default windows will
write to the disk whenever files are opened, this is to update the
last accessed timestamp.

This can be turned off:

Apparently there are other ways of turning it off too. But I use the
registry method.

Of course you shouldn't turn it off if your apps or users require the
"last accessed timestamp".

Link.