Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> Woudl it be possible to keep the current postgresql version running in a
> different port, install a new version of postgresql, and copy the data from
> one version to the other while both versions are running?  This might give
> us time to copy the tables and databases one at a time and reconfigure the
> database access for parts of the application until we complete the migration
> to the new version.

Your best bet would be to install Slony-I.  One of the main design goals
for Slony is to allow interruption-free upgrades.

Basically, you can set up the new database server (using a different port
or whatever), and install/configure Slony.  Slony will then keep your
two database in sync.  Then you can switch over to the new database
whenever suits you:

http://www.slony.info

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?