Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Upgrading Database: need to dump and restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> If I were to upgrade the database version, would I need to dump and restore
> all the data?

If you upgrade patch releases (i.e. from 8.3.4 -> 8.3.5) then usually no,
but see the release notes for the versions you're upgrading, because there
are occasionally exceptions.

If you're updating to a major release (8.2.x -> 8.3.x), then yes.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com