Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> I can't escape the feeling that we're missing something basic here.
> It's allegedly one of git's great strengths that it allows you to easily
> and quickly switch your attention among multiple development branches.
> Well, so it does, if you haven't got any derived files to rebuild.

I hope this isn't anything particularly special because I feel like I've
been doing it forever, but..

==# cvs -z3 co pgsql
==# mkdir pgsql.build
==# cd pgsql.build
==# ../pgsql/configure --my-args-here
==# make

Keeps all the build files and everything in pgsql.build and leaves the
pgsql directory pristine..  I've pretty much always done things this way
so I guess I just assumed it was common.  Maybe it's not what you're
looking for though.

Would that help?
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git