Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Re: Managing multiple branches in git  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Re: Managing multiple branches in git  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Mielke wrote:

> I just don't understand why you care. If the CVS directories didn't bug
> you before, why does the single .git directory bug you now? I'm
> genuinely interested as I don't get it. :-)

It doesn't.  What bugs me is that the database (the "pulled" tree if you
will) is stored in it.  It has already been pointed out how to put it
elsewhere, so no need to explain that.

What *really* bugs me is that it's so difficult to have one "pulled"
tree and create a bunch of checked out copies from that.

(In the CVS world, I kept a single rsync'ed copy of the anoncvs
repository, and I could do multiple "cvs checkout" copies from there
using different branches.)

Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git