pg_migrator and making columns invisible

От Bruce Momjian
Тема pg_migrator and making columns invisible
Дата
Re: pg_migrator and making columns invisible  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
pg_migrator requies tables using tsvector data types to be rebuilt, and
there has been discussion of how to prevent people from accessing those
columns before they are rebuilt.  We discussed renaming the tables
(affects all columns) or columns, using rules (not fine-grained enough),
or using column permissions (doesn't affect super-users).

My new idea is to mark the column as "dropped" and unmark them before
rebuilding the table.  That might be the best I can do.  Comments?

http://enterprisedb.com