Re: newbie table design question

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: newbie table design question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 06:53:30AM -0500, Chris Spotts wrote:
> I just finished doing something very close to this - not quite once per
> minute, but close.  I started off with an array of integers and after about
> a month of it, I'm having to redesign my way out of it.

I've had to go the other way before; started with a nicely normalized
design but the performance overhead (and query complexity to a lesser
extent) made the design unworkable.  As always the design depends on the
specifics of the problem, but as the OP said he was new to PG I thought
it good to point out its support for arrays.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/

Сообщение: Re: newbie table design question
Сообщение: Re: newbie table design question