Re: xml to table (as oppose to table to xml)

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: xml to table (as oppose to table to xml)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 11:22:14AM +0100, Grzegorz Jaaakiewicz wrote:
> xpath is fine, but not when you have 10+ fields to extract ;)

I've got a few views pulling 10 to 15 values out of XML files and
it works OK, not amazing performance but for what I'm doing it's no
problem.  Scaling beyond that would seem to start getting somewhat
unmaintainable, but it seems to be working out that the functional
dependencies put tight constraints on what I can put into a table and
hence the number of values I pull out in one go.

Worst case you could always generate the SQL from other code, or even do
the parsing from XML to something more structured outside PG.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/