Re: Win32 link() function

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Win32 link() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> > Oh, yea, we only support tablespaces on Win32 using NTFS.
>
> Well, the important point there is that we fail gracefully if you try to
> use tablespaces when not on NTFS.  So you're going to have to make sure
> that pg_migrator's --link option fails gracefully when not on NTFS.

I will just check the return code and exit on error.

> (Come to think of it, --link can fail on Unix too, if the user tries to
> put the new database on a different filesystem.  Have you got guards in
> there to make sure this is discovered before the point of no return?)

Of course:
       if ((msg = linkAndUpdateFile(ctx, pageConverter, oldfile, newfile)) != NULL)           pg_log(ctx, PG_FATAL,
            "error while creating link from %s.%s(%s) to %s.%s(%s): %s\n",                   oldnspname, oldrelname,
oldfile,newnspname, newrelname,                   newfile, msg);

...    if (pg_link_file(src, dst) == -1)        return strerror(errno);

though you have to delete the new cluster directory and remove the _old
suffixes to get your old cluster back.  I don't check before starting
the migration.

http://enterprisedb.com