Re: pgsql: Removed comparison of unsigned expression < 0.

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: pgsql: Removed comparison of unsigned expression < 0.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 06:51:57PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I believe that this change is a bad idea and should be reverted:
>
> >         fe-exec.c (r1.200 -> r1.201)
> >         (http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq/fe-exec.c?r1=1.200&r2=1.201)
>
> This is correct only if enum ExecStatusType is considered unsigned by
> the compiler, an assumption that I don't believe is portable.  (In

Enums per se are signed, but enum ExecStatusType should never be negative
since it starts with "PGRES_EMPTY_QUERY = 0" and then increases for the other
values.

> fact, Zdenek was just complaining about something else that seems to
> prove Solaris' compiler treats enums as signed always.)

Okay, before this provides any problem I revert to be on the safe side.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!