Re: using explain to get query expected time

От Joshua Tolley
Тема Re: using explain to get query expected time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:10:21AM -0700, Scara Maccai wrote:
> is there any chance to get the "Planner Cost Constants" right enough to get a "good" estimate in seconds of how long
aquery is supposed to run?
> The "rowcount" estimates are always good (there is no skew data at all in the db, values are pretty much "plain"
distributed)

The most straightforward way I can think of would be to make sure your planner
constants (seq_page_cost, etc.) reflect time in meaningful units, which would
be very hard, and probably wouldn't work for reasons I don't know. Anyway, the
quick answer is no, 'cause it's really hard.

- Josh / eggyknap

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Assistance in importing a csv file into Postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Assistance in importing a csv file into Postgresql