Re: Assistance in importing a csv file into Postgresql

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Assistance in importing a csv file into Postgresql
Дата
Re: Assistance in importing a csv file into Postgresql  (Intengu Technologies <sindile.bidla@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Intengu Technologies (sindile.bidla@gmail.com) wrote:
> What I would like to do is
>
> If field1=1 make table1 and insert the rest of field1=1 into this table
> If field1=2 make table2 and insert the rest of field1=2 into this table
>
> Hence in this example one will have table1, table2, table3, table4,
> table5 and table6
>
> How can I accomplish this using the COPY command.

This currently can't be done with the COPY command directly.  There are
a couple of options:

#1- Have a single table with a trigger on it that does this for you
#2- Write a simple perl script which does this for you
#3- Load the data into one table and then use SQL to move it to the
    other tables (which you would need to create first)

Enjoy,

    Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Assistance in importing a csv file into Postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Assistance in importing a csv file into Postgresql