Re: Asssociative Arrays: Best practices / snippets?

От Leif B. Kristensen
Тема Re: Asssociative Arrays: Best practices / snippets?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 23. May 2009, Stefan Keller wrote:
>I have a use case where the I want to put an unforeseable number of
>key/value pairs in a column.
>Now, PostgreSQL has arrays as first class types.
>Are there any best practices and snippets (preferrably in plpgsql) for
>handling key/value pairs?
>-- S.

The «best practice» here is probably rethinking your design. Storing
an «unforeseeable number of key/value pairs in a column» is a blatant
violation of good database design principles.

Rodrigo posted this link a few hours ago:

http://joecelkothesqlapprentice.blogspot.com/2006/04/using-one-table-vs-many.html
Me And My Database: http://solumslekt.org/blog/