Re: pg_dump and 2gb limit on windows and version 8.1.3

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_dump and 2gb limit on windows and version 8.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jub4@email.cz wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have problem with 2gb limit for pg_dump on windows that was fixed in version 8.2.4. I have a server with
postgresqlversion 8.1.3, which unfortunately cannot be upgraded. Is there some way how to use safely pg_dump (and if
neededpg_restore) version 8.2.4 or newer with the server (8.1.3).

Yes -- pg_dump is backwards compatible; it will be able to dump the
database just fine.  Note, however, that the dump is not guaranteed to
be restorable in the 8.1 server.

I think you should upgrade to 8.1.17 which likely contains the fix as
well.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Is this a bug or a feature? Column visibility in subquery from outer query
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and 2gb limit on windows and version 8.1.3