Re: Failure during initdb - creating dictionaries ... FATAL: could not access file "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory

От Jonathan Groll
Тема Re: Failure during initdb - creating dictionaries ... FATAL: could not access file "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory
Дата
Ответ на Re: Failure during initdb - creating dictionaries ... FATAL: could not access file "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: Failure during initdb - creating dictionaries ... FATAL: could not access file "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 09:54:56AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Jonathan Groll <lists@groll.co.za> writes:
>> Custom built postgresql 8.3.5 using the pkgsrc build system on OS X
>> Leopard;
>
>Uh ... what is the "pkgsrc build system", and what changes does it make
>to a straight-from-source PG build?

Pkgsrc is the netbsd package management system(0), used by some folks
(like myself) on OS X to build all of our open source packages in the
same way as others use macports or fink. It's normally very good.

>> creating conversions ... ok
>> creating dictionaries ... FATAL:  could not access file
>> "$libdir/libdict_snowball": No such file or directory
>
>What you've apparently got here is a problem with shared-library
>building, but it's odd that it would've got through the "creating
>conversions" step, which also relies heavily on shared libraries.

Agreed... I'm going to drop a note on the pkgsrc lists since it is now
clear the problem lies there.

>I find this pretty suspicious.  On my OSX machine, the contents of the
>pkglibdir directory are all named something.so:
>dict_snowball.so*                       utf8_and_euc_jp.so*

And mine are also .so after doing a regular make build with the same
tarball (with the exception of those whose name starts with lib*). I
was under the impression that OS X used .dylib for shared libraries(1)
- look in /usr/lib for example.

>Recommendation: get an unmodified copy of Postgres and build it
>yourself.  It works fine out-of-the-box on OS X.

Thank you for that it worked like a charm. I am also somewhat relieved
that the Makefile allows for 'make uninstall' so that some degree of
"package management" is possible.

Kind regards,
Jonathan Groll.

(0) http://netbsd.org/docs/software/packages.html