Re: Any better plan for this query?..

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Aidan Van Dyk (aidan@highrise.ca) wrote:
> But, what really does preforking give us?  A 2 or 3% improvement?  The
> forking isn't the expensive part, the per-database setup that happens is
> the expensive setup...

Obviously that begs the question- why not support pre-fork with specific
databases associated with specific backends that do the per-database
setup prior to a connection coming in?  eg- I want 5 backends ready per
user database (excludes template0, template1, postgres).

Thoughts?

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: AMD Shanghai versus Intel Nehalem
Сообщение: Re: AMD Shanghai versus Intel Nehalem