Re: Postgres BackUp and Restore: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index"

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: Postgres BackUp and Restore: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 05:25:26PM +0530, CM J wrote:
>      The above results in following exception and the data is not getting
> restored:
>
> ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index"
>
>       What else do i need to drop/delete to completely reinitialize my
> database ?

There are "large objects"[1] remaining in the system.  The way I've
removed them in the past was by doing a boring:

  DELETE FROM pg_largeobject;

A TRUNCATE could probably be used here as well.  I wouldn't go as far as
dropping and re-creating the table though.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/

 [1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/catalog-pg-largeobject.html