Re: Btree indizes, FILLFACTOR, vacuum_freeze_min_age and CLUSTER

От Philipp Marek
Тема Re: Btree indizes, FILLFACTOR, vacuum_freeze_min_age and CLUSTER
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Alvaro,

On Montag, 11. Mai 2009, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Philipp Marek wrote:
> > A few days before we found the machine much slower, because of the
> > autovacuum processes that were started automatically ["autovacuum: VACUUM
> > ... (to prevent wraparound)"].
> >
> > After several days we killed that, and, as a quick workaround, changed
> > "autovacuum_freeze_max_age" to 1G and restarted the server, which worked
> > as before (and didn't ran the autovacuum processes).
>
> Several days?  How large is your vacuum_cost_delay and
> autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay parameters?
They're set to 0 and 20ms resp.

> > As a next idea we changed the cluster/reindex script to set
> > "vacuum_freeze_min_age=0" before the CLUSTER call, hoping that this would
> > solve our transaction ID wraparound problem.
>
> REINDEX?  What are you doing REINDEX for?
Some tables get CLUSTERed; I put an option in the script to just do a REINDEX,
if wanted.
That's just the name of the script, it normally doesn't run REINDEX.

Regards,

Phil

От: Toomas Vendelin
Сообщение: Re: Pgsql errors, DBI and CGI::Carp
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Luhn algorithm (credit card verify / check) implementation - FIX