Re: limit-offset different result sets with same query

От David Fetter
Тема Re: limit-offset different result sets with same query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 06:40:33PM -0300, Emanuel Calvo Franco wrote:
> 2009/5/8 David Fetter <david@fetter.org>:
> > On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 06:10:18PM -0300, Emanuel Calvo Franco wrote:
> >> Hi all.
> >>
> >> I'll make this faster.
> >>
> >> I hace this table and this function:
> >
> > You should only ever assume that your SELECT's output will have a
> > particular ordering when you include an ORDER BY clause that
> > actually specifies the order well enough :)
> >

> I test it in the first time :)
>
> With the 'order by' it works well, but in 'theory'

The theory under which you should operate is that the underlying
implementation only gives you the orderings you ask for.  This way,
when other beneficial implementation changes happen, they will not
surprise you. :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!