Re: migrating from MSSQL

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: migrating from MSSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Friday 08 May 2009 12:08:44 am Eugene . wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been tasked with evaluating the feasibility of migrating our in-house
> > application from MSSQL to PostgreSQL. It is fairly old and has lots of
> > stored procedures, which is why we need to think carefully before making
> > the switch. Does anyone else have a similar experience? What are some of
> > the things to watch out for?
> >
> > Secondly, which commercial support vendor would you recommend? I found
> > EnterpriseDB and CommandPrompt, but I don't know anything about them. Any
> > other candidates?

I took a project to do this under contract a few years ago.  Quite
frankly, it was an interesting and trouble-free project.  Any
competent programmer should be able to handle it for you.  The cost
involved is going to depend on the amount of procedures to convert.

Of course, I did it all by hand.  If someone out there has a program
to convert, it would probably reduce the cost.  But I also had the
ability to optimize some of the SPs as I converted them.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com