Re: Patch to fix search_path defencies with pg_bench

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: Patch to fix search_path defencies with pg_bench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> [090507 11:15]:
> I bet it would be just as good and a lot simpler to do what someone
> suggested upthread, namely s/^/pgbench_/

That has the "legacy compatibility" problem...

But seeing as "legacy" has a:SET search_path TO public;

And uses plain <table> in it's queries/creates/drops, couldn't we just
"public"?  If we leave "schema" as public, and leave in the search_path,
we should be identical to what we currently have, except we've
explicliyt scoped was was searched for before.

And it leads to an easy way for people to change public (in the
search path and/or <schema>.<table>) to do other things (although I'm
not saying that's necessarily required or desired either).

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,