PANIC: right sibling's left-link doesn't match

От Henry
Тема PANIC: right sibling's left-link doesn't match
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greets,

I've recently completed a lengthy repartitioning exercise on half a
dozen tables, restoring data, etc.

Something strange must have happened at some point (unrelated to the
partitioning exercise - a crash related to file descriptors if I
recall [not Pg's fault, mine]), because when I tried to modify a
parent table (which is partitioned):

ALTER TABLE tab ADD COLUMN col INT DEFAULT 0;

I get:

PANIC:  right sibling's left-link doesn't match: block 35 links to 227
instead of expected 223 in index "pg_depend_depender_index"
         before or while processing the request.

-----

I also had some 'damage' in another partitioned table, which I
resolved with REINDEX TABLE on all the partitions (it failed on INSERT
with an error about block 0 read problem or something).

I then restarted Pg in single-user mode and reindexed all the system tables.

The aforementioned ALTER TABLE now completes without error.  My
question is:  can I trust the state/stability of the DB now, or should
I dump, re-initdb and restore from scratch?  Only problem is the DB is
large and takes 24*n hours to restore, so this is a last resort.

Thanks
Henry