Re: Comparing two tables of different database

От Joshua Tolley
Тема Re: Comparing two tables of different database
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 08:20:02AM +1000, Adam Ruth wrote:
>    The simple answer is to pg_dump both tables and compare the output with
>    diff.
>    Other than that, I think you'll need a custom program.

For all but the strictest definition of "identical", that won't work.
Tables may easily contain the same information, in different on-disk
order, and pg_dump will most likely give the data to you in an order
similar to its ordering on disk.

ORDER BY clause, might give you a suitable result from both tables, on
which you could then take a checksum.

- Josh / eggyknap

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Comparing two tables of different database
Сообщение: Re: Comparing two tables of different database