Re: Feedback from recent training

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Feedback from recent training
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Le dimanche 26 avril 2009 à 20:31:57, Simon Riggs a écrit :
> On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 17:45 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > > Alphabetic seems best, whatever kind of type they are.
> >
> > No, because that mixes in the array types which we know causes
> > confusion for some users. We need to alphabetise them with the
> > non-array types, but thats likely to be messy.
>
> How about an extra radio button for Array/Non-Array? That removes the
> confusion.
>
> The appearance of alpha sort stops people from looking further down the
> list for other items.

I think Simon's right on the alphabetic sort. It's much simpler/user friendly.
I don't like the extra radio button idea, but what about submenus? something
like this:

First menu
  Types
  Array Types
  User types

"Types" Submenu
  (all internal types and pseudo-types, sorted alphabetically)

"Array Types" Submenu
  (the same, but array ones, sorted alphabetically)

"User Types" Submenu
  (user tables and user types)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Сообщение: Re: Feedback from recent training
Сообщение: Re: Feedback from recent training