Re: Help request to improve function performance

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: Help request to improve function performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 09:44:53AM +0100, Seref Arikan wrote:

> I have worked with very capable DBAs before, and even though it has been
> quite some time since I've done real DB work, I would like to invest in
> postgresql as much as I can

Seref, if you can muster the man power to build archetypes
right into PostgreSQL that would make it the killer database
for OpenEHR:

- functions for reading and validating ADL creating complex
  datatypes thereof including on-store validation of instances
- functions to store and produce serialized versions of archetype instances
  (similar to XML handling)
- AQL right inside the database (select aql('')) returning
  serialized instances of archetypes

This list is probably incomplete and partially wrong.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346