Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 01:26:33PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I merged the entries into one line:
> >
> >     \df[antwS+] [PATTERN]  list (only agg/normal/trigger/window) functions
> >
> > I didn't feel I had room to do [][] like Alvaro suggested.  I also went
> > with parntheses in the description.  Are brackets better there?
>
> FWIW brackets let the reader see better the correspondence between left and
> right.

True, but the problem is that the brackets don't correspond.  There are
two brackets on the left, options and "Pattern", and "S+" in the left
bracket is not related to the "only" options.  If we had used braces:
\df{antw}[S+] [PATTERN]  list {only agg/normal/trigger/window} functions

that would make sense, but we don't have space nor are braces logically
correct for this usage.

http://enterprisedb.com