Re: xlog vs. shmfs

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: xlog vs. shmfs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 09:28:20PM +0800, Botao Pan wrote:
> I know that it's guaranteed to cause problems when putting xlog in a
> disk mounted from shared memory, but in what scale? Am I looking at
> data loss or full database cluster corruption? I'm running postgresql
> 8.2.4.

There is no essential difference between the data in your user tables
and the data in the catalogs that let you read your own data. So
corruption could be anything between losing some data in your tables to
complete wiping out of columns or tables or even the entire DB (if
you're unlucky).

Have a nice day,

Вложения