Re: Migration/Upgrade Problems

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Migration/Upgrade Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
stevefoss wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade my postgresql data from 7.0.3 to 8.3.7 with marginal
> success.  I tried pg_dumpall and got the tables but lost most of the data.
> I also tried pg_dump but keep getting "FATAL 1: Database "whatever" does not
> exist in the system catalog" errors.

No intermediate version upgrade should be necessary if you're up for
some query rewriting (which you'll need anyway I think).  However, the
most serious problem appears to be that you've run into Xid wraparound,
and I don't think it's an easy problem to solve in 7.0.

> I also tried using the latest versions
> of pg_dump and pg_dumpall but they just will not work.  They are looking for
> some shared library file that does not exist.

How did you install them?  Obviously copying binaries from another
system will not work, but if you were to compile them on the same system
they should work.