Re: Looking for advice on database encryption

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Looking for advice on database encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Black <michaelblack75052@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If the purpose of encryption is for financial or medica data transmission security, or something of a higher order,
youmay want to implement a stronger type of security such as SSL or PGP or some other type of public/private key
process.

> You could create a schema that contains views of the data with out the sensitive data and have the users use that
schemafor their needs, assumes that it basically used to view or report on the data.

Thanks for the input, Michael.  We're already working on using PKI, the
big problem we're having is the speed of access when an administrator
needs to search through the encrypted data.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

От: Bill Moran
Сообщение: Re: Looking for advice on database encryption
От: Bill Moran
Сообщение: Re: Looking for advice on database encryption